Development of Materials
1. Development and research of the base structural materials for thermal and nuclear power equipment, including corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant materials operated under conditions of fossil fuels combustion.
2. Material science and technological follow-up of semi-products and power equipment components manufacturing for thermal and nuclear power plants applications.
3. Development of materials for welding and surfacing, including ceramic fluxes, filler materials and strips.
4. Development of antipenetration and low-conductivity coats, including those for centrifugal casting.
5. Development of fluxes for electric slag remelting and secondary refining.
6. Development of mold materials for casting.
7. Development and research of new tool materials, lubrication and cooling process media (cutting fluids) for various machining operations.
8. Development of materials and structures of protection, wear-resistant and tribotehnical coatings obtained by means of vacuum ion plating and gas-thermal evaporation:
- tribotehnical coatings for shut-off and control valves of power equipment;
- tribotehnical coatings based on TiN, TiAlN, CrN, diamond-like coatings (DLC), AlTiN+DLC having low friction factor for friction type bearings made of hard alloys;
- heat-resistant coatings based on Me-Cr-Al-Y composition, where Ме is Ni, Co, Ni-Co, Fe, for protection of hot gas path parts of industrial and marine turbines and airplane gas-turbine engines;
- erosion-resistant multilayer coatings effectively protect the compressor vanes of gas turbine engines and blades of steam turbines. The multilayer structure increases the coating resistance to the aggressive media. The layers of the basic protection metal (Ti, Zr, Cr) are interchanged with its carbides or nitrides (TiC,TiN, TiCN ).
- Structure coatings:
- Compositions: multi-component alloys, grade alloys with boron – single-layer and multilayer, nano-layer and nanostructured.
- Wear-resistant and protection coatings:
- Compositions: TiN, TiAlN, TiCN, CrN, diamond-like coatings (DLC),AlTiN+DLC – singlelayer and multilayer.
- Corrosion-resistant coatings:
- Compositions: alloys EP302 on the substrate of the alloy type X10CrMoVNb9-1, noncrystalline iron, nanostructured pure iron (α- Fe) – single-layer and multilayer, grade coatings.
- Ceramic coatings:
- Compositions: ZrO2+Y2O3, Al2O3, AlN – single-layer and multilayer.
- Solid lubricant coatings for friction bearing liners of heavy duty combustion engines.